Thursday, January 28, 2016

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream: Ibiza



I mentioned a little while ago that I picked up this gorgeous NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream at Feel Unique. I've been wearing for a couple of weeks now (and quite often I might add) and thought I would give a little review.  I got loads of compliments on this colour in my New Everyday Makeup Look so thought I would do a little more of an in-depth review! I've seen this circling the blogger world a lot recently and they've been quite hard to get my hands on them (I have a few more shades I would like hehe)


Firstly I am in love with the applicator. For £5.50 I really don't think the applicator is cheap feeling or looking at all. It resembles much of a conventional lip gloss doe-foot applicator but don't let that stump you. The fibres are extremely soft, but apply with such great accurate results. The tip isn't too big which means it manages to apply smoothly into the inner corners without getting the product around the rest of your mouth.







So onto the product itself! I picked mine up in Ibiza, a gorgeous light pink. At first it threw me off completely because I thought it was quite a bright colour on me but I absolutely adore it with a simple eye look. The pigmentation is incredible. I've heard quite a few people complain about the colour not lasting, but I find that if you blot, and apply, re-blot and apply it lasts a lot longer. I also put one of my KIKO lip liners on too which gives it a bit more structure.

I applied it once in the morning (around 9am) and re-applied post coffee, lunch and snack time around 3 o'clock. Personally for me, if I only need to re-touch once after the amount of food and drink I consume, I'm happy!

The product smells of cake. Usually I'm not a fan of intensely fragrant lip products but this is something different. I mean. Cake. yum. I do wonder if all of the products smell the same but I have my eyes on London, Milan, Antwerp and Abu Dabi. Just to name a few. I will definitely be picking more of these up! Absolutely gorgeous!




Have you tried any of the NYX lip creams or have your eyes on any? Let me know!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. That's such a nice shade - looks so lovely on you Caroline!! :) xx


    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely beautiful on you, girl. I definitely need to try some of these out!

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried any Nyx products before but this looks so stunning and great that it is so affordable. Love the colour on you xx

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg a cake scented lip product, I must try! I've never tried any Nyx products before, I want to though. Love the shade of this!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try the soft matte lip creams so bad they seem so lovely - this is such a pretty colour!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this shade, I grabbed this one and Prague. It was brighter than I thought too but love it anyway. They're so creamy! I really want Copenhagen!!! xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That color is perfect on you! I love this formula one of my favorite ones is Abu Dhabi! Perfect nude :)
    kayla
    www.misskaylajane.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Soft Matte Lip Creams - they're amazing, and so affordable too! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This shade looks beautiful.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's it. I'm caving. And buying one tomorrow, the fact that you support that they have good staying power - I'm convinced. Love this shade!!!

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are so gorgeous! I'm super jealous! Lovely post - Think I need this colour!

    Alice | daintyalice.com

    ReplyDelete

© IRIDESCENT PLACES . All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig